Monday, July 13

Final Thoughts: Flight in the morning!

I am ready to go -- I am not ready to leave.  How stupid must you be to choose to leave these beautiful roots of family, friends and comfort behind?  Yesterday was a big family BBQ for my extraordinary sister with the loud, beautiful family who raised me, and the four most amazing friends a gal could keep in her life.  I quite literally have lost water weight from the innumerable tears.

"The only real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes" -Marcel Proust

... Already I have new eyes -- eyes of complete appreciation for my life here.  But I am not itching to cross another country off my list or leave to just torture my mother; I am seeking true growth and improve upon my role in this world and how to create change.

Let's see how it goes!  TTFN, ta-ta for now!

1 comment:

  1. It's Kristin, we met in DC (the one heading to Mauritius). I wrote to you today to see when you are leaving, but the auto-response tells me you've already left.

    I just wanted to say good luck and please let me know how everything is going. I'd really like to hear about the details of your project.

    ReplyDelete