Monday, March 8

Srimongol: A Vacant Vacation


There is a pleasure in the pathless woods;
There is a rapture on the lonely shore;
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar;
I love not man the less, but Nature more...
-Lord Byron

Srimongol in the state of Sylhet--a much needed getaway from the chaos of Dhaka. Myself and my friends Abdul and Mark hiked, biked and waded in rivers for three days among the quiet and discreet tea plantations. We could sit and not be plagued by the 15 million critters of the city, but simply watch two butterflies dance. We could hear each other in the openness of silence instead of the gale of motors and horns. Stumbling upon personal revelations, I forgot how much I love having nothing to use but my own hands, head and heart.







No comments:

Post a Comment