Monday, June 22

Instant Hospitality

Before I even arrive, I am completely enthralled by Bangladeshi's hospitality. For only knowing a few people, I have had many offers to visit homes and families. Thanks to the Iqbal family, I am first living in their friend's guesthouse when I take language classes, then with a small family near Dhaka University.

I serendipitously met Sunita in my social theories class when she noticed my Bengali tattoo. She and her family offered to play real estate agent, car service, and social coordinator. I went with the Iqbals to a Bengali BBQ and was again met with warm prospects for friends in Dhaka.

Being at the BBQ was a sweet reminder as to why I love Bengalis: their accents, their food, their warm souls. I am ready to dive into the culture once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment